Fall Fun In Dallas!
September 20th, 2013 | by The Update
The weather is cooling down a bit (finally!) and there’s pumpkin spiced everything in the world again — it’s fall in Dallas, y’all!
Here are a few of things on the top of our to-do list this fall from “20 Great Ways to Celebrate Fall in Dallas” by local Arena Blake:
1. Roar with the dinosaurs at the HEARD Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary (Sept. 14, 2013-Feb. 2, 2014)
2. Watch a rainbow of balloons take flight at the Plano Balloon Festival. (Sept. 20-22, 2013)
3. Explore the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden at the Dallas Arboretum. (Opening Sept. 21, 2013)
4. Dress up for Halloween Nights at the Dallas Zoo. (Oct. 24-27, 2013).
5. Enjoy a movie under the stars at Galaxy Drive-In Theatre in Ennis.
6. Check out the Storybook Pumpkin Village and Hay Bale Maze during Autumn at the Arboretum. (Sept. 21-Nov. 27, 2013)
7. Spend the day at the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm in Celina. (Sept. 20-Nov. 3, 2013)
8. Shop for local produce at the Dallas Farmers Market.
9. Eat some fried goodness at the State Fair of Texas. (Sept. 27-Oct. 20, 2013)
10. Pick some apples at Henrietta Creek Apple Orchard in Roanoke. (Check their Facebook page for available dates)